Sunday, 18 March 2018

Spring Soft...

Happy Sunday,

A more relaxing card today using the same simple die as yesterday but with a simple yellow and white colour combination, perfect for spring I thought?!?

I simply cut the Gerbera Circle in white card and shaded it with yellow izink pigment ink pad.  I cut the matching circle outline dies and shaded the edges with the yellow to give some definition.

A simple bow ( large of course) and a lock to finish.


Saturday, 17 March 2018

Too Bright?...

Happy Saturday,

last day at the NEC toady and I thought i would share another sample from yesterdays show on Hochanda, it was so much fun filming in fort of an audience!

The question is, is today's card and colour choice too bright? I like the boldness of the design against the hessian but let me know what you think?!?


Friday, 16 March 2018

Live from the NEC...

Happy Friday,

Today I am doing Hochanda TV show live from the NEC crafts show at 11am.  Therefore I wanted to share my a favourite card made with the dies on the show ( there are also some fab new products as well)

This card uses my pigment ink on acetate technique with simple white die cuts over the background the drama is created with the pop of colours!

I used the Gerbera Circle as well as the Gerbera panel die on this card with  large bow and small dragonfly which isn't really needed!

Dont forget I will be on stand G30 the Art of Craft all day so pop along and say hi!


Thursday, 15 March 2018

NEC Shows...

Happy Thursday,

I will be demonstrating on stand G30 for the next three days on the Art of Craft stand at the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC.  If you are going why not opt along and say Hi?

Todays card is a sample I have made for the Hochanda show I have live from the NEC tomorrow, this show will focus on the fame dies form may Gerbera daisy collection something i just didn't get to demo on the launch show and I really wanted to show how these can be used.

The show is at 11am tomorrow so tune into see how this and many other cards were made!


Wednesday, 14 March 2018

Its Yellow...

Happy Wednesday,

I wanted to share this card today made with the gerbera stamp and matching die as well as the other stamps in the set!

I stamped the separate flowers from the gerbera Daisy stamp set ( there are separate flower stamps to therein large stamp that has 6 flowers together.  I inked the stamp using the Izink pigment inks in yellow and orange to give a shaded look to the flower.  I stamped this randomly over a piece of gloss white card and cut the centre panel out.

I stamped the large Gerbera daisy stamp in perfect medium and heat set it with Izink clear embossing powder onto yellow textured card.  I then shaded the petals with orange izink pigment ink and shaped the flowers making the 6 up into three flowers.  I added white microbeads in the centre of the flowers and arranged them, with matching leaves and a bow, to the side of the card along with the With Love tag.


Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Pink Dragonflies...

Happy Tuesday,

I thought It was time for a change in die as I seem to have shared a lot of cards with the Gerbera Panel die recently!  Today I thought id share this card made with the Gerbera Circle which is so flexible as It includes a floral circle as well as 4 plain circles and a sentiment.

I started by cutting the Gerbera circle itself from white card and shaded around the edges with Rose Izink dye ink pad.  I then cut a mat for this with the matching plain circles and shaded this again before adding the larger circle mat which I left plain to give depth.

I added a crystal in the centre of each flower with some Habico gems from my stash (art of craft).

I cut the detailed dragonflies from gloss back card and cut the plain dragonflies form plain white card shading the white ones with more of the rose ink.  I glued the detail die cut over the coloured one just in the centre and shaped the wings so the dimension comes from the wings.

I added mats and layers using the Press Cut notched squares and plain squares alternating shaded panels with plain and gloss black plain squares as shown.


Monday, 12 March 2018

What again...

Happy Monday,

Ive titled this post what again because i seem to have used the Gerbera Lattice die again on this card, I'm starting to think i have a special liking for this one lol

This is a more complex version of the card I shared yesterday.

I stared by cutting the lattice into a piece of white parchment  I then foam mounted this ( by using foam sheets under the edges and small pieces in the centre of each flower so that the pattern doesn't sag) over a piece of the ombre vellum I must get some more of this.

I mounted the background on a set of frames cut with the plain squares form Press cut adding layers of white and silver ( to match the Crafts Too diamonds in the centre of the panel flowers)

On another piece of the ombre vellum i stamped the Gerbera Daisy clear stamp iusing perfect medium and heat set it with izink glitter clear embossing powder.  I cut the flowers out using the matching die ( which cuts all six flowers in one pass)  I stamped and cut this twice which was easy to do on the A5 vellum as the stamp and die are A6 sized.  I shaped the flowers using a ball tool and made ups each flower using 2 of the same size for each.

I added a bow of ombre ribbon from my stash and sprayed the flowers accross the centre.